Sunday, September 13, 2009

Random-ness & Photo Contest

So it's been a while since I've blogged. We've been busy, but not a lot of exciting things to post. School started again - that was my last post. Since then, Josh has started football and Jake has started a new job (his first job!). We enjoyed a picnic and some fishing at my dad's house a couple weeks ago and we went canoeing last weekend with my dad, my brother Mike and his family and John's brother Don and his family. They camped; we stayed in a motel. Good move for us since it rained and stormed Friday night. Saturday was a beautiful day to canoe though and we had a good time. This past Friday night was Josh's first high school varsity football game. He started at tight end on offense and defensive end on defense. Aside from me being a nervous (but also proud)mom, it was a beautiful night for football and Josh did well but his team lost. He will play with the junior varsity team tomorrow night.

I went back to work last Tuesday after a nice, long summer break. I was ready to go back, but for me, it signaled the end of another memory-filled summer for our family.

Here's some pictures I took along the way:

Anna and Grandpa at his picnic



ah, aren't they cute? :)

We've been experimenting with fun hairstyles for Anna.


My dad and Anna and Anna and I had to take a picture with his "overachiever" tomato plant! That thing was tall! Dad had tomatoes coming out his ears this summer!



Oh and by the way, Caleb and I have entered a photo contest at Columbus Days in Columbus on October 10. So if any of you plan to attend Columbus Days, please feel free to go to the Maple UnCommon Hotel on Saturday the 10th and check it out. There is also a People's Choice Award and you can vote for your favorite photo that day. It's the first photo contest that we have ever entered and we just thought it would be fun. The two photos we entered was Caleb's picture he took of the butterfly (which I use at the top of this blog) and this photo that I took in FL in July:




3 comments:

Phyllis said...

You guys have had a fun and busy summer. Love seeing all the pics. Hey, we've been trying out new fun hairstyles, too. I love getting new ideas. Good luck with the football season and with the photo contest. Those pictures are great!
Phyllis

Amy said...

beautiful!!! Thought of you tonight by the way when I watched Survivor. ;0) Your watching it aren't you? What did you think??? Amy

Michelle Riggs said...

I loved all of the pictures and hearing about your family. I miss our GT events. We would love to see you all if you are ever in OKC.

Anna's hair is beautiful!